Institute for Learning in Retirement
Flexible Learning for Adults
The Institute for Learning in Retirement at Baldwin Wallace University offers adults the opportunity to continue learning in an informal, flexible, and non-competitive college environment.
Offering a series of non-credit, college-level courses both in-person and via Zoom, the Institute for Learning in Retirement is committed to providing an educational, social, and cultural experience that is highly accessible and inexpensive. Courses are taught by former professors, teachers and professionals from the Greater Cleveland area who are all experts in their subject matter or field of interest.
The institute follows a membership model with a small annual fee and a per-class fee. Membership benefits include:
- Advance mailings for all ILR-sponsored events
- An invitation to the annual meeting
- Voting privileges to elect officers, hold an office, and serve on committees
- A 10% discount, excluding supplies, at the Baldwin Wallace Bookstore
- Use of Ritter Library (located on the Baldwin Wallace University main campus in Berea)
There are two locations for ILR – Main Campus (with classes held on or near BW's campus in Berea, Ohio) and Cleveland East (with most classes offered at Temple Emanu El, located at the corner of Brainard and Emery Roads in Orange Village). Learn more about each below: